replacing fuel filter

I'm trying to r/r fuel filter on my 2003 Tahoe 5.3(Its in the driver side frame) I've loosened the the nut on the rear of the filter but how does the other side get removed ?
It looks like some sort of quick release but I couldnt figure it out
Please advise
Squeeze the tabs together as you gently pull the line off the filter.

While we are on this subject. Looking at my fuel filter today. Noticed it had a plactic ring or something around the middle of the filter. How does this come off? The plastic ring goes around the filter, then it is made into the frame somehow. Doesn't look like it comes off. Maybe you unloosen both ends and slide it though? Did not seem like enough room.
I have a 2001 5.3 Z71
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Brian) wrote in message

Leave the ring alone, its supporting fuel lines behind the filter. Just slide it through.