Replacing inside door latch on 98 Suburban?

Looks like the cheesey plastic thing they have in there finally just wore out.
Is it realistic for somebody who has never taken apart a door to pull the panel
and replace whatever it is that connects the inside handle to the latch?
It's not the money - more the prospcet of not having the vehicle for a day....which, I guess is really money...so it *is* the money...
--
PeteCresswell

Add pictures here
âś–
Replacing inside door latch on 98 Suburban? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Dec 4, 2003, 10:55pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@y.z ((Pete Cresswell)) Looks like the cheesey plastic thing they have in there finally just wore out. Is it realistic for somebody who has never taken apart a door to pull the panel and replace whatever it is that connects the inside handle to the latch? It's not the money - more the prospcet of not having the vehicle for a day....which, I guess is really money...so it *is* the money...
--
PeteCresswell

yep Ive done a few ....No not hard but takes a min to explaine if your
âś–