Replacing rear speakers

I just bought a 2000 Blazer ZR2. Love the truck but the rear speakers are kind of sad. I have some 6 x 9 Cerwin Vegas I would like to replace them with (if they will fit) but have no idea how to get at them.

I would also like to installl some subwoofers but don't want to suck up any of the cargo room with the big boom box I had in the trunk of my car that was destroyed in an accident.

Any suggestions where I can mount or install some subwoofers without losing any storage space and do I need the big box to provide the accoustics provided by the subs? I don't have to thump my way down the highway or cause my neighbors windows to rattle, I just like the bass and the full rich sound provided by the subwoofers.

I thought of using the storage compartments by the back seat but I like the large storage space in those compartments and may have to use one for the amp anyway.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Don

Reply to
Don Christy Jr.