Replacing rearview mirrow!!

I need to replace the rear view mirrow on my 1994 S10 pickup.There are no set screws found were the mirrow is mounted to the windshield.How do you remove the Glued on mirrow without damageing the glass...Jimmy..TIA

==========tsemi wrote:

========== Look in the phone book.
If there's an automotive glass installer in your area, you may get it put on for free if you run by their shop.
I would also highly suggest calling an independent body shop, you'll likely find that you'll get the same results.
And...... there should be a screw holding it to the bracket, unless it's missing. Keep in mind, the piece attached to the windshield remains in place and the new mirror simply slides down on the bracket that's glued to the windshield. So.....look again for the attaching screw.
my thoughts
~:~ Marsh Monster ~sips his crownroyal~ ~:~
Hay thanks Monster,I`ll look again, but I don`t think there are any set screws holding the mirrow on.My replacement does have a small set screw howerer.I`ll take your advice and visit the glass shop a few miles up the road.I would rather spent $20.00 than $400.00 for a cracked windshield...
Marsh Monster wrote:

From past experiance with 90's chevys, they used a clip that locks the mirror to the mount. Have never seen it, but there must be a tool availible. Wayne

Thanks Wayne,I though this might be a break away mirrow but I pulled really hard side to side..even pried with a screw driver.There is a small notch on the lower cover were a set screw is normally found.I have changed rear view mirrows before but none this much trouble.
wayne c wrote:

tsemi wrote:

================== I'm not sure this link is going to work....... but here it is.
http://72.14.209.104/search?q che:7pFz6PfiQY4J:forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D12130%26view%3Dprevious%26sid%3D00bd95a9ed205950e450bda7e3cb8973+%2B%22S10%22+%2B%22remove+mirror%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&ie=UTF-8
In case the link the doesn't work, here's basically what it's saying..................
It's from the "S10" forums. It addresses your concern. Evidently, depending on the year, there's a locking clip that's somewhat visable looking through from the outside of the windshield. The postintgs are saying that the clip needs to be released before you can work with the bracket.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~
Went to junk yard today and figured out how to remove rearview mirrow.mirrow has a small notch at lower coner.You must insert a small screwdriver or wire coathanger about 1" into the mirrow through this notch while you are pulling up on the mirrow.the mirrow has a spring loader tab that locks into a small grove on the windshield metal tab.the small screwdriver simply comes between the two..So easy a caveman can do it!!.Thanks for your help guys
Marsh Monster wrote:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q che:7pFz6PfiQY4J:forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D12130%26view%3Dprevious%26sid%3D00bd95a9ed205950e450bda7e3cb8973+%2B%22S10%22+%2B%22remove+mirror%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&ie=UTF-8
tsemi wrote:

Um, you DO know that it's "mirror", not "mirrow", right?
Glad you got your problem solved, too.