Replacment actuator

The thermal actuator on my 89 K1500 has quit working and has to be replaced. I have purchased the new (redesigned) actuator and the required wiring harness but there were no instructions with it, can anyone tell me where the wire with out a connector goes. Thankyou

Reply to
Bullet355

it goes to the brown wire on the 3-wire connector that goes into the TOP of the transfer case

the brown wire is one of the two outside wires in the connector, the other outer wire is blue, I think

pull the connector off the transfer case and probe for the wire with 12 V on it with IGN on, that will be the one you want

replaced. I have purchased the new (redesigned) actuator and the required wiring harness but there were no instructions with it, can anyone tell me where the wire with out a connector goes.

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer