reset check engin light

I have a 2500 hd need to know how to reset my check engin light

Any vague possibility of providing the year?

-
2001 diesal
Shep wrote:

Scanner with diesel function to read/clear codes.

-
thenry wrote:

Have you fixed whatever activated the light in the first place? Sometimes if the problem is fixed, the light will go out after a certain number of driving cycles.
I know on mine I just unhooked the battery for about 10 minutes that way it reset the computer
Al
Worked for me maybe it will help.