reverse lights

I have a 1995 gmc extended cab with a 5.7 L and a 5 speed manual that I recently purchased. Great truck but the only thing I can find wrong is that I have no reverse lights, all the other lights work, and I switched the bulbs around to verify that wasn't the problem. Also have been through all the fuses, everything is good. Any ideas???

Reply to
remdeprived

Find the switch that turns them on when the gear selecter is shifted to reverse.

Reply to
George

Cholk the tires, put the transmission revrse (engine off). With a test light probe the wires at the sockets. If no power test the switch.If the switch has power and the lamps do not, you have a broken wire. If no power from the switch look up information on the neutral safety switch adjustment. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig