reversed flow water pump

To the group: I'm a die hard chev fan. Constantly looking for ways to spend my cash (ouch!). Wishing to improve the performance of my '84 chev blazer. Planning to install HT 383 crate motor, PN12497317. Also wishing to
install the serpentine accessory belt drive system, PN12497697. However, I've recently discovered that the water pump included with the belt kit is a reversed flow water pump. Question: does this necessitate the installation of an automatic electric radiator fan? Or is there an aftermarket reversed flow radiator fan out there somewhere?
Any help, insight, wisdom, comments are greatly appreciated.
Willis
flex-a-lite makes a number of different "fan-clutch-fans) in different diameters.. Make sure you get the right fan.... GM says normal rotation is clockwiise rotation of the fan if looking from the drivers seat, flex-a-lite says normail rotation is clockwise if looking at the car from the front.... so make sure you clarify which way you specify..
To the old timers standard rotation of the fan / water pump means clockwise as you would look at the fan from the drivers seat.
Hope this does not confuse the issues, but I bought a 6 blade fan from flex-a-lite and I ran into this after I got the wrong part.
I believe the setup on a 92 K1500 (serptine belt) works pretty good and it uses the standard rotation water pump. Maybe they have improved this somewhere???? I do know there are a coupld of serptine belt setups that seem to move the accessories farther away from the center line. I for one have had no problems with the serptine belt system on my 92k1500 350 eng. I did replace the belt and tensioner when I bought the truck about 7 months ago.... I belive they had some problem with the OEM tensioner...
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 04:14:01 GMT, "Willis Layton"

--
Elbert Clarke
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

"Jeremy Chavers"