Right turn signal release

I have a 1990 4x4 four door Chevy. Blazer...that was the first one they made in the four door.....
When I use the right turn signal and then complete the turn the signal
doesn't go off when I straighten out the wheel or even when i turn the wheel more to the left.
I have to turn it off manually....
Can anyone tell me what I have to get into to fix it?
I know buy a new one.....am on the second engine and this Blazer is still ticking and falling apart....going to keep it till these tires rot off tho...
thanks
ROBERT F. THOMAS
http://community.webtv.net/gator45/NAVIGATIONDEPTUSS
It is a switch assembly inside the steering collumn. If it is similar to the full sized trucks and you don't have an airbag you will need to get a steering wheel puller pop off the horn cover maybe undo a bolt pull off the steering wheel. and maybe remove a plate. I think it is right behind the steering wheel. A chilton will explain it specifically for your truck. Not too hard though. I don't know if you will need to replace it or just realign it. Make sure to pay attention to how everything was.
Corey

Go to your Chevy deal and ask them for a "blinker return spring" They cost $1.00 each, get both, just because. Chances are, the spring is broken. To do this, you will need a Steering Wheel popping tool. If you can find a reasonable locksmith in town, he shouldn't charge much as it is a 10 minute job. I have done many, and it is very simple. I wouldn't charge more than $10 for a 90 Chevy.
Ed Murray
Thanks this is what I was hoping to hear!
You know that this 4x4 has been mine since they took it off the trailer and giving it up is hard...but it is costing little stuff...the sensors(abs) are starting to give me trouble or if they are working there is more stuff starting....I drive it 5-10 mile a day to work and back and it sits in the garage all winter....we head for AZ. after "ho-ho" and it is a lot cheaper that having payments and insurance to pay all winter....wish it could make the drive to Az. as I would love to keep it out there..but Alas...I fear not.