Rim size

Hi, I have stock rims for my S10 Blazer. I'd like to get some more suited for off road. Any suggestions on size, etc? Thanks, Carol.

Reply to
carolsueclayton

Guy (generally speaking), this is sort of one of those hard ones to answer since you really haven't told us much. Are you lifting it? How much, if you are? How much and what type of "off road" driving will you be doing? Are you going to be playing in the mud?

If you shed a little more light, I am sure you will get more answers

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
Ed H.

Thanks for the replies. There is no body lift, or any other kind of lift. The truck is all stock, and most likely will stay that way. I do want to change the rims though to the kind you can air down the tires.

My four wheeling is not heavy duty, although you do need four wheel drive. It is way beyond two wheel drive. Mud is involved some times.

Reply to
carolsueclayton

Sounds like you are wanting to run bead locks, which are not DOT approved and not legal nor recommended for street use. If you are not playing in the sand and/or rock crawling only, you are wasting your money.

Since the vehicle is stock and you are not lifting it, stay with stock diameter rims, which should be 15" maybe go a bit wider, like say between an 8" - 10" depending on if you have the turning clearance. With 15" wheels you will have a great selection of tires as there are still more 15" flavors out there, but the other sizes are catching up. I would recommend a mud terrain since you said you are in mud. Daytona Timberline M/T's are great, I have abused a few sets and loved them. ProComp, Mickey Thompson, BFG, Toyo, also make some damn good tires.

I would find a tire shop (other than Discount or Big-O) and find out from them what the largest width you can go with out clearance issues, take that info, find a set of wheels you like, than worry about the tires. Don't put the cart before the horse on this one or you will find yourself out a lot of money.

Reply to
azwiley1