Rolltop Bed Covers: How Tight?

'burb's roof rusted through.... This time around, I'm vacillating between another 'burb (used) or a used pickup truck (short bed, full crew cab)

For the various piles of clothing and windsurfing gear that are currently in the back of the 'burb, I'm thinking about some poly trays and a roll top bed cover as in

Does anybody have something like this?

If so, how well does it keep the rain out?

What about dust?

Doesn't have to be perfect but, especially with clothing in open-top bins, there's got to be pretty good protection.

??

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

I would go with a Cap. The extra weight will give it a better seal. Plus it'll be almost like the Burb.

Roof racks as well.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Per Martin Riddle:

That's what some of my fellow windsurfers advise too.

But for me, a significant functionality of a pickup over a 'burb is the ability to toss stuff in from the side and to stand in the bed to move stuff around.

OTOH, I have yet to find a roll top bed cover that can coexist with the faux roof racks I'd need.

So I guess the jury is still out...

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

There are a few caps that the side windows lift up. To let you access the inside.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle