Rotors need cut every 2,000 miles

Yes, every 2,000. I get a small pulse when brake is applied. 2,134 miles ago I bought brand new rotors for my '96 Silverado 2x4. at Napa Auto Parts. I also bought the most expensive brake pads they had.
I don't drive through any water puddles. What's the deal? Am I going to have to cut my rotors everytime I get an oil change? The brake drums in the back work fine, I checked them in the sand to make sure they work. This isn't the first time this has happened to me either. I've had my rotors cut 3 times before buying the new ones. And I've only had this truck for two years. What am I doing wrong? Opinions?
Thanks, Sonny
Calipers not releasing enough, causing drag and heating up the rotors, warping them.

Are they putting the wheels back on with an air impact wrench? If so, that could be warping the rotors... the lug nuts should be torqued to 100lbs each... no more, no less.
Air impact wrenches vary in pressure and could be over torquing all the lugs, or worst case torquing unevenly, some too tight, others too loose. Next time they take the wheels off, tell them to just run the nuts up to the wheel and hand torque them evenly, to 100lbs from there.
websufer:
Yes. Tire Kingdom does use an impact wrench to tighten the lugs. If only I had my video camera - filming. Thanks, Sonny
Per Sonny H:

I'm pretty sure I warped mine a couple times by hosing the undercarriage before they had cooled off enough.
--
PeteCresswell

Before jumping to a conclusion that they are getting warped from the impact wrench I would check the calipers out as Shades suggests. Could also be the caliper hardware needs replaced.
Brian
Something else about putting lug nuts on with an impact...I have put almost NO lug nuts on with anything other than an impact over the past 6yrs...I and most tire shops use 'Torque Sticks'! They only allow the lug nut to go up to the rated torque. Before you start a lynch mob because the shop used an impact, find out if they use torque sticks.

Very interesting segment on "Motor Week" on PBS this weekend. Torque sticks can be misused if each lug is tightened to full torque before running the other lug nuts down. It still pulls the rotor out of line. America's Tire still uses torque wrenchs, one of the factors in my choosing them. Sometimes the old methods are best.
Shades wrote:

Very true! But the same can be done with a torque wrench to. The quality of the job is directly related to the quality of the person doing the work!

Had a similar issue with my 97. I replaced the rotors, pads, and calipers (rebuild calipers were only $15 each). This helped, but the rotors still warped after about 10-12K. I live in MN so I figured the spring time driving in the slush may have been the cause. In any case, I finally broke down and bought a decent set of rotors (made in the USA) and the problem is gone.
BTW - I have looked at the other posts and I agree with the lug nut tightening discussions. In any case, no one works on my truck but me and I only use a star tightening pattern and a torque wrench. So the rotor warping problem was not due to tightening problems in my case.

I don't know what the state inspection laws are in MN.,but here in Va. where I live they won't even let you in the shop when they pull and replace the wheels. Bobby
I take my wheels off at home and take them into the shop if I need new tires. That is about the only time I go to a shop at all.