RUST

Anyone have any suggestions on fixing lots of rust on an 85 blazer. We just bought it on E-bay and there is quite a lot more rust in the door frames,
and back of the truck than well lets say what we bargained for. We are going to try to look for whole new bodies, and also want suggestions on a good way to repair if possible. We are planning on ryno lining the whole inside once we get it fixed up a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated
Joe & Jody Panama City, FL

This link may be of help but the part where he just "peels the metal back" from the fender bottoms should be taken with a grain or two of salt. You might also consider doing the underside of the floor with bed liner too. http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/bodynchassis.html -- Best Regards Gordie
. . ============ RUST
snipped-for-privacy@deucewild.com (Joe) wrote: . Anyone have any suggestions on fixing lots of rust on an 85 blazer.
<snip>
We are planning on ryno lining the whole inside once we get it fixed up a bit.
Any suggestions are appreciated . Joe & Jody Panama City, FL ============ Joe or Jody, be advised, you CANNOT fix rust.
you CAN patch rust. you CAN hide rust. you CAN treat rust. you CAN cut out rust.
but you CANNOT under any circumstance... fix rust.
I'm sorry I could not tell you how to fix rust.
However, I have patched, hid , cut out, and treated a whole arse load of rusty cars over the years....so's if you'de like some suggestions along those lines, let me know. Just be advised, that rust typically comes back when using one of these methods.
MarshMonster Pensacola, FL ~:~ ==================
That's what we meant. I think I am just going to cut it out and weld in new pieces. Think that would be the best route.
Joe & Jody
-- Joe Romero Panama City, FL
(Joe)

Look out folks! We have a Neil Young fan amongst us :-)

What's wrong with Neil Young?
Besides him having epilepsy?
Maybe he plays the same chords over and over. But, so does Angus Young of AC/DC and no relation at all!
Refinish King

"Joe"

the best rust repair is to cut it out and replace it with new metal.