rusted dip stick ????

My mechanic told me that my 97 Chevy Blazer has rusted dip stick and it suppose to be normal on these models. I am wondering if that is true and if it could have some effects on my tranny.

I wouldn't call it "normal" but it is typical. Unfortunately, the fix for my wife's former '95 Blazer was a new dipstick, tube and seal - total cost over $200.00, and no recall or help from GM to pay for it.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Acta Non Verba - Deeds Not Words
Lieutenant Jonathan Race, EMS Supervisor

1995-98 Chevrolet And GMC S/TModels, 1996-98 Oldsmobile BravadaWith 4L60-E Automatic Transmission(RPO M30); Rusty Transmission FluidLevel Indicator/Transmission Oil FillerTube (Replace Indicator And Filler Tube);Revised 99-07-30-004; 99-07-30-004A
My '96 was like that.
db