rusty anti freeze?????

4 years ago I had my engine rebuilt which included a new radiator and water pump... I was surprised this week when I checked my anti freeze that it was
rusty...... I'm puzzled as to why this would be the case so soon........ my mechanic said if he changed it , it would probably just come right back........... but I can't understand where it would be coming from since everything is fairly new........ this is a 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer with a 2.8 engine..........
don wrote:

Uhm.... 4 years, H2O and an Iron block.......
don wrote:

Is it That NEW style Antifreeze That GM Mandates For 1995 + Vehivcles ? and it is EATING the HEAD GASKETS..
First sign of Trouble is GUMMY Brown Goo on the inside of The RAD CAP!!
I think the article I READ About it Said TWO YEARS MAX in a Vehicle Before Changing it OUT !!

Santa wrote:

Antifreeze manufacturer propaganda.
High Sierra wrote:

No.. GENERAL MOTOR's EXACT WORDS