RV cam a problem?...

what to do?...

i put a motor that had been recently rebuilt from a parts truck (91 chevy k2500 ld) in my 92 gmc k1500 and it doesn't run quite right... i found out from the person who rebuilt the motor that he had put an RV cam in it but never changed anything computerwise... he had told me he was told their should be a chip to change the perameters installed in the computer when installing the RV cam in a fuel injected engine... but i plan on modifying my trucks engine more later on and would need to modify the computer once again when i do this... i don't want to be buying all kinds of chips for my trucks computer or soon enough i'd have more money into just computer contoling than i would in the truck itself... a friends told me i should get a diablo burner so i can just reprogram it as i modify it... but i couldn't figure out what i needed when searching for it and i know their has to be another company that makes suck a product... and i have no idea where to start with trying to set "perameters" manually with a computer... i need some help here?!?!?!... thanks, matt

Reply to
zender_2006

========= =========

You are correct.......there are other companies.

hope that helped......

and.......... if you come up with a specific question...... feel free to ask it.

:)

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke...~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

well i guess what i'm asking is what the other companies are and where to find them... and i don't have a clue where to start when making custom changes to the computer, like where to set perameters an such... or would they be able to tell me what to do the companies themselves?...

Reply to
╒Uc¡! §pë?

I guess it depends on how involved you want to get. There are companies that will burn a custom chip for you, such as tbichips.com. You may be better off going with one of them. First thing would be to find out as much info as you can about the cam. Another good resource for stuff like this especially if you want to burn your own chips is fullsizechevy.com.

Reply to
89GMC

RV cam? Exactly what are the specific numbers? Duration, seperation, lift. A RV type cam generally refers to a cam designed for low end tq. Your ecm should have no problems with a cam that provides a vaccum similar to the original, you generally end up with problems from cam's with a lopey idle. Run it, give your ecm time to readjust blm's, it may take a hundred or so miles but you should be able to run "RV" cam. If you find you still need a chip go to

and get up to speed. You can get the needed software for free and a generic prom burner from eBay for practically nothing or buy a burner setup from moates. Either way you will spend less to burn your own than you would for a custom chip. Then you also end up with the added benefit of learning how your ECM really works. Makes future problem solving easier.

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson