S-10 coolant leak

Hi,
I have a 93 Chevrolet S-10 and recently I have found coolant leaking onto passenger side carpet. I can smell coolant and the vehicle starts to fog up
whilst driving. Obviously it's coming from under the dash somewhere, but are there any specific things I should look for before I start to disassemble the dash? Any thoughts on where it could come from?
Thanks,
Tony

Oh yes - classic heater core leak. Chevy used to give some $ for aggravation ("customer satisfaction" credit).

I'll repost what DonW posted in another S10 coolant thread.
http://www.sytyarchives.com/howto/viewarticle.php?article_name=heater_core.php&dir=climate_controls
This is a good article. It states to remove the computer. I did not have to remove it or slide it aside. I had plenty of room. Don;'t let it scare you, it wasn't that hard. The area was tight on top but if you take the time and be careful, it can easily be done.
I did my 92 S10 in about 1 hour which included time to talk to the neighbor for a bit.
Lannie

Thanks to all for the help, the article will be very useful when I start on the job tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Tony

Let us know how many screws you have left over after taking apart the dash....Usually have at least a couple everytime I do a heater core lol
PS Tried to do one on a 90ish Mustang a few months back...Finally gave up and put it all back together...never even got closer to the damn thing

Screws hell! I've got a box full of dash trim and a couple of stray wires from the last heater core I did...
It was getting to that point where I either quit or put a hammer through it...(still heats great though...)

Actually there is very little to take out. It was quite easy. Taking out the radio and glove box was the hardest part.

    I've also used this article, its great. For my '89 Blazer it described the process perfectly. I did remove the computer in case of a fluid spill.
Jeff

Well, this will come in handy. Mine started leaking about two months ago. I just loosened the radiator to help keep it from leaking alot. Now, I just need to wait till I have the time.
Thank you for posting the link... Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks