S-10 exhaust kit

Hey everyone,

1988 Chevy Blazer S-10 4x4 4.3L Automatic TBI

I'm looking for a better-than-stock exhaust kit. My catalytic converter (I'm fairly sure) is shot/clogged and I have an exhaust leak in the donuts of the y-pipe. So I'm looking for a entire header-back kit to replace it. I'm not going to do any racing, just some medium towing.

If I can't find a complete kit, I was planning on getting a cat-back kit, headers and a catalytic converter then trying to make the existing y-pipe work

I searched jegs, jcwhitney and did some googling. I can't find any complete kits. I did find a header kit and a cat back kit. I'm concerned if those will work with the stock y-pipe and an oem-sized (higher flow) catalytic converter.

Can anyone offer me some advice? Perhaps somewhere else to look?

Reply to
Joe Webster

Don't you have like about 10 muffler shops where you live. They have benders and can make you up what you need. They usually don't pay their staff top wages so installing the stuff isn't that much either.

Reply to
Sounds Like A Porsche

The Edelbrock TES header kit includes a y-pipe right to the converter. What you do after that is up to you. :o)

Reply to
SBlackfoot