s-10 warm weather problem

My son has a 95 Chevy s-10 pickup with a 4-cyl since we changed the fue pump and filter he has a problem it dies as if it is running out of ga when temp outside temp is above the upper 80s he waits 10-15 min it fire
up and goes. It sounds like vapor locking but is that posibile with fue injection? I have not been around when it happens. Thanks for any idea Lann
-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.htm
Sounds like the fuel pump, it wont be long before it just wont start at all.

GKShadow wrote:

Throw a pressure gauge on it. Monitor the pressure with the pump on and watch the pressure drop when you shut off the key. If the pressure drops fast you will need to check a couple things. One is the pressure drop through the pump itself, the other is for the pressure drop through the regulator. Could also be that the new pump isn't any good.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
shadetreemech wrote:

It will come back. The Ethanol lowers the boiling point of the fuel. The lack of pressure going through the system allows the fuel to boil even faster. Run the tests on it and see what you get. I'll bet you find a low residual pressure.
Oh and I just had 3 bad pumps in a row, straight out of the box. One was a GM factory pump (pressure slowly dropped over a 10 minute period, near as I could tell the motor was starting to fail) The next was a Carter, that one had a bad return valve and the main line leaked, the last one was an Airtex - It had a bad regulator on it.
Oh and all three were Made in the US!
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York