S10 4x4 Damper?

I was reading my repair guide and it shows most 4x4 S10's have a steering damper. Mine does not appear to have it. It says it is to keep the vehicle from wondering. My S10 is doing that badly now.
I feel like I'm swerving all over the place. I have new tires and just replaced a Idler arm that was causing it before. Seemed to go away but is back.
The truck sags in the back a lot more then it used to. Is there not enough weight distributed toteh front causing this steering feeling? Do I need to adjust the torsion bars to lower the front?
It's driving me nuts!
Lannie

Lannie,
Sounds like the sag is causing the front end to float on ya. The only way to correctly fix it is to replace the rear springs or have them re-arched.
All new front end components were installed and adjusted correctly I assume? Had her in for an alignment lately?
Doc

Any idea on what re-arching or new springs costs on an older S-10?
I think mine is due as well.
Big Chris

Yes, all the front components are new. Front alignment done 6 months ago.
I put on two new rotors and pads last night. Put on new rear shocks. The new shocks raised theback by 1/4 inch. Lowered the front with the torsion bar by 1/2". Seems to be a lot better. Is it easier to have them rearched or just get a "add a leaf" for it?
I also noticed the old pads were lose and sloppy in the caliper. The new GOOD QUALITY ones I put on fit tight as hell. The right caliper sliders where the bolts go through just fall out. Maybe that is the caliper that was rattling like crazy and having the pads very lose. Put some good grease on them and put it all back.
Truck looks fairly level now. Will drive it to work this morning and see how it goes!
Thanks Doc...
Lannie

Ride is good. Steering back to normal. Rattle is still there when driving. Gotta be somewhere else. Will keep looking. Lowered it another 1/2 inch and it is perfect now.
Thanks!!
Lannie

LS wrote:

On Thu, 06 May 2004 17:08:56 GMT, High Sierra

Nope. My old 4x4 Jimmy had one and it had power steering, it was a 94. I'm pretty sure my S-10 ZR2 has one...