S10 Blazer 4wd trouble

I have trouble with my S10 Blazer-98 the 4wd dont work. Its not possible to shift betwen 2hi 4hi and 4lo. I tryed to change the motor and encoder on the transfercase but still the same problem. I only get
light on 2Hi pushbutton and somethimes on 4Lo.
Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@realcredits.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com http://www.bankarea.com
try having a dealer check your TCCM transfer case control module, behind the kick panel on the right side of the truck (this is were the passengers feet go. they could kick the panel with their feet)

My 1995 S-10 Blazer did the exact same thing. The dealer reset the computer by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a few seconds (and of course charged me 45 bucks!) His explanation was that if you cycle through the different modes on the switches too quickly, you can lock up the computer for the function. I think I caused mine when I was reaching for the 4 Hi switch and hit a bump in the road. It caused my finger to "double bang" the switch. After the reset, no problems were noted. Hopefully that is all it is.
Jerry

Thanks for posting this! My 1994 S-10 pickup 4WD hiccuped 2 nights ago when I tried to shift out of 4H to 2H. It eventually shifted to 2H but since then would not engage either 4H or 4L. I was preparing myself to tear into that actuator motor replacement job when I found your post. I pulled the battery cable for a minute or so, reconnected and voila, everthing is working perfectly again. :-)