S10 engine dies then revs...?

I have been having problems with my Chevy S10 1.8 Litre (which has fuel injection),
I has been stalling but restarts,
Now the problem, in the last few days has gotten worse
with the engine is reving a bit high sometimes when starting. Plus it maintains the higher rev when driving with the engine reving so I would be going about 5mph from a dead start.
Its not reving super high but, its not right. And its always the same higher rev.
This happens after a few hours sitting too.
Then all of a sudden after maintaining this highr rev sometimes, it will goes to dying/stalling.
stalling can most times be prevented by gunning it.
I tried cruise control on the highway and it seems to run fine under those conditions.
I have been told this sounds like a idler motor or vacum leak on the intake anifold.
Does this sound right?
thanks
Kevin
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com
I forgot to mention its a 1987 Chevy S10

--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com

Could be a million things causing it. Checked the computer for codes yet?
Doc
Thanks Doc;
My PCV valve was out of the head,..this plus carborator spray and a new air cleaner seems to have helped sigifigantly.
Again Thanks
kevin