s10 lights

I have a 1999 s10 & i would like to know what fuse would disable the always on headlights? When i warm it up in the A.M. the lights shine in the
neighbors window.I need a way to turn them on & off when i want like when backing in the dark....Bob
sundog wrote:

Not on his, that only worked on 2000 and newer. Proof? I have a 1999 S-10 owner's manual sitting right here, no mention of the feature, the 2000 S-10 manual I bought for the truck when I had it DID mention that capability.
I think there's a resistor that can be added to the sensor circuit to disable the AHL. There may be a mod to disable the DRL but I never looked into it since they never bothered me, I was able to turn the features off if I wanted and the mods would have been different on the truck I had since it was a ZR2, which DID make a difference in that regard.
Set the parking brake?
wrote:

-

On my '01 Chevrolet the auto on headlights don't come on until I release the emergency brake.
sundog wrote:

    If your DTRL's will go off by applying the park brake to the first or second notch, you could just put a toggle switch in the circuit. A light switch that would light for lamps out would be the best since it will remind you before you drive off. Charles
or the big black box under the hood on the left side, take off the cover and remove the two fuses, on is for the right and the other for the left headlight. I've always preferred the e-brake idea myself.

Do the 99s have a dome override switch? If so hitting that switch 4 times will shut down the auto lights.
-

As I explained in another post, this DOES NOT apply on a pre-2000 truck, only on the 2000 and newer...

Missed the post.
-

yeah, that trick dont work on 99's