S10 Long bed vs. short bed

Greetings, I know this is a silly question, however because I'm a girl I'm allowed! Does anyone know what the length of a long-bed is compared to a short-bed?
Thanks!

Man, women and their rules! The short bed is 6' and the long is 7' I believe. If I'm wrong I'm sure about 223 people will pounce on me.
Brian
Long beds are 8'
--
mingfromchina

A long bed will measure 8' 3" or there abouts from the front of the box to the drop off at the apron. A 4' X 8' sheet of checker plate is welded down to the bottom of my long box and there still is some of the bed exposed.
--
Regards
Gordie