S15 Jimmy O2 sensor?

I just replaced the O2 sensor on my moms 1988 S15 Jimmy...the one down on the exhaust just after the Y pipe ahead of the cat.

The plug is in such a goofy place!! anyways, out came whatever was there and in went a new Bosch piece. The plugs were identical, and the vehicle side went into the new sensor side ok, and clicked positively when the tangs engaged.

BUT....there is still about 1/4" of the green weatherpack showing. The truck runs and drives much better, so there is obviously a good connection...but why would the weatherpack still show? is this common with aftermarket O2 sensors?

any ideas? should I muck with it until It is connected? I'm tempted just to run a new wire and make my own...

Hamilton Audio

Leave it alone. If 1/4" of the weatherpack is showing, that means the other

1/4" is inside the plug, and she's sealed up.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

thanks bud! My concern is the connection inside....I'm worried that its only a marginal connection?? I guess the male/femal portions of the pin have pushed in all the way....

if you say its good, I'll leave it. there's certainly no tension on it (tiewrapped up out of the exhausts way) and its together tight enough that I'm scared to break the wire trying to pull it apart....

thanks!

Reply to
Hamilton Audio