Sagging Headliner

The headliner on my 1989 Chevy S10 Blazer is sagging big-time...not to mention its ripped in one spot. What's the best way to remedy this without replacing it? Staples?

Spiderman wrote:

The headliner is basicly three parts: Fabric cover (what you can see), thin foam padding underlayment, and a fiberboard backing for shape. Usually what happens is that the foam padding disintigrates and the fabric cover falls loose. The only way to fix it so it looks good is to remove all the padding and fabric, and glue on some new stuff. It's not an overly difficult job, but it is time consuming.
--
.boB
97 H-D FXDWG - Turbocharged!!

...Or most fabric stores have them - called "Twist Pins" and made by Ditz. Stay away from the ones made in China; the head falls off them.
Don
Spiderman wrote:

I used common sewing pins, pushed in "sideways" almost parallel with the fabric surface. They've held my '90 Caddy's headliner up for years.
Jeff
-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)