searching for my grandad's blazer?

Hi all

my grandad had a 1982 Chevy Blazer, white with a thick baby blue stripe down the side. He traded it 6 months before he did in 1987, I'm looking for it. i have the VIN: 1g8ek18h9cf114462 if any of you by chance may know how i could find it or where i can start looking, i'd really be grateful. He lived in Northeast Alabama and it was traded specifically in Centre (cherokee County) if any of you know or could help, i'd appreciate it.

thank you

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Can you search vehicle registration records? A finance company, bank or even insurance agent should be able to do a search (or if you know any friendly police..).

Reply to
Rich B

I've never used CarFAX before, but it might give you some good info... If it's been totaled, you can decide if you keep looking or not. I think it might even tell you where it was last registered. Don't know for sure though.

-NW

Reply to
NetWeasel

. . . . searching for my grandad's blazer? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Oct 24, 2003, 4:26pm From: snipped-for-privacy@microxl.com (Trailblazer) Hi all my grandad had a 1982 Chevy Blazer, white with a thick baby blue stripe down the side. He traded it 6 months before he did in 1987, I'm looking for it. i have the VIN: 1g8ek18h9cf114462 if any of you by chance may know how i could find it or where i can start looking, i'd really be grateful. He lived in Northeast Alabama and it was traded specifically in Centre (cherokee County) if any of you know or could help, i'd appreciate it. thank you TB //////////////////////

Have you got a buddy on the police department, that could run the VIN ?????

A buddy that owns a used car.

A buddy that works at the bank.

A buddy that works at a loan company.

You can get the info over the internet for a fee....do a google on ......

+"VIN search" (typed as written)

As a side note 2-U...... it would be bad form indeed.......to post the present owners personal info out here in netherland for the world to see......

marsh ///////////////////

Reply to
Marsh Monster

This is what needs to be done.

Carfax will tell you to whom its registered. $15.00 is cheap.

db

Reply to
Don ßailey

Reply to
George

in IL, if you have the VIN, the state will send you the registered owner's name for a small ($ 10 ) fee when you fill out the proper form

don't know about other states

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

They also do a quick search for free on the website. When I put in the vin stated by the original poster, it came back not found. So i wouldnt bother paying if it doesnt exists in their records.

Reply to
William