Seat Belt Torx 50 Bolts

93 S-10 Blazer 4 door....anyone have an easy solution on getting these t-50 bolts out? Thanks! Bobby

Try any pb blaster, wd 40ish product in the proper places but...I've had em where even a cheater pipe on my ratchet..no go. May need a heating with a torch use much, much care. Making sure carpet peeled way back as well as the rubber mat. later jp-also smack the bolt with a brass drift or the like b4 trying the heat but they can be tough
On Mar 5, 8:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby swift) wrote:

hey bobby-you might also clamp on to the part of the bolt that sticks thru the floor with vise grips and counterclockwise it while counterclockwiseing(sp?)your ratchet inside-may need a helper with you. good luck jp ps what are you up to-removing these-changing seats?
On Mar 5, 8:25 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby swift) wrote:

I'm not changing seats....there's water under carpet...I've got all the seats out but the drivers seat.The bolt are recessed down in a capped hole about an inch down..so it would be difficult to get vice grips on...I put the torx socket on an extension...but all it's doing is twisting the end of the torx....I'll blast it with something.I'm gonna paint the ugly lite color seats carpet ,door panels and headliner.There's grease stains all over them. Thanks! Bobby
bobby-do those bolts stick thru the floor where, what I meant was that under the floorboard putting the visegrips on the underside and turning it counterclockwise whole someone else(unless you can do both)turns the ratchet from above. good luck jp
On Mar 5, 9:31 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby swift) wrote:

If the stick through the floor and you can see them under the truck, I would heat them with a propane torch VERY CAREFULLY. The reason you likely can't break them loose is because of rust over the years and a little too much thread lock used when installed.

underside. Have you found out something else? It wound sure be handy because you could just zip them off with a grinder and replace the bolt and nut.
- Regards Gordie
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 20:25:57 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (bobby swift) wrote:

loc-Tite at the factory but don't know for sure. - Regards Gordie
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 19:11:21 -0500, The Nolalu Barn Owl

off what does stick out and 'asap' get that bolt out while the heat of the grid is still there sounds like what i'll try for my next one.