security problems

I have a 99 GMC Sierra. 5.3,Auto. I have an compustart remote start system and keyless entry. Remote start and remote entry works fine however sporadically the factory security system turns itself on and will not allow
the truck to start. turns over put no fuel pump(I assume since it acts like no gas). After I attempt to start it, the security light flashes 5 times and then nothing in the message center. After several attempts at cycling the ignition, it will restart and all is good for a while. I did scan for codes and no codes came up. I've tried locking everything up and unlocking with the key instead of the remote but doesn't seem to help. Anyone else have this issue before? Any ideas on how to fix this so I don't get stranded somewhere with a truck that won't start? Thanks in Advance.
Batteries?
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"racin71" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
the remote works fine, it is the factory security system that I am having issues with. I did check voltage on my truck battery though and it was fine. Thanks for the reply.

Passlock system sensor in the ignition lock bad. Security system message with no starts is the tip off. Common Chevy problem in the whole brand. I have 2 Malibu's and a Impala in the family fleet that I replaced the sensors in, waiting for the Yuk's to go now but I'm gonna bypass that one with the price of lock cylinder housing kits as they are.
--
John