self-diagnostics

I can't seem to figure out how do a self-diagosis on my GMC K1500. I read that the ground wire should be in A but i also read somewhere else that it should be green. The wire in a in my DLC is not green. Also, I can't seem
to able to get any of the wires in my DLC out of the terminal. Am I supposed to use the ground from the DLC?