SES Code P0157

Having a issue with this code. I know that it relates to the bank 2 down stream O2 sensor. Both down stream sensors were replaced this weekend, as the were both
shot. I also replaced the fuel pump about three months ago. Replaced the plug wires last month and plugs this weekend. I had the codes pulled and cleared yesterday, this morning the same code comes back on. Since I have done all this already, what else could be a cause? I have not check for a damaged wire running to/from the sensor, but will be.
Look at the exhaust:
Usually they leak at the pressed metal exhaust gaskets, and allow air to get in the exhaust stream.
I hope this helps.
RK

azwiley1 wrote:

Low voltage.
Usually means it is seeing extra air from a gasket leak or even a leak around the sensor. Could also be a bad connection causing higher resistance in the circuit and that drops the voltage some.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Thanks Steve and RK. Since they are not that darn expensive nor hard to replace, I'll be replacing the manifold gaskets (this weekend) and tracing the wires best I can for damage.
Make sure you buy the new bolt and spring kits:
Sometimes the springs get weak, and allow the air in at the gasket area.
You can e-mail me if you need anything else.
I'm just in lurk mode, waiting for the doctors to tell me WTF is wrong, thank god they can't throw parts at me, like bad mechanics do to a car. LOL!
RK
wrote:

Thanks Steve and RK. Since they are not that darn expensive nor hard to replace, I'll be replacing the manifold gaskets (this weekend) and tracing the wires best I can for damage.
Hey you never know, you might get lucky and get a doc that throws the right part!
New bolts, check. New spring, what spring? I really don't recall seeing one (or more) on the exhaust anywhere (maybe that is the problem)

try changing your feul filter, that should help, you would be surprised what codes can be thrown from a clogged feul pump!

m> wrote in message

Filter was changed when the pump was changed, and is changed at least if not more often then service requires.
The three blots that go through the manifold, and hold the crossover flanges;
Have three springs, that allow the engine to move, on the semi-rounded exhaust gaskets, mad if pressed tin and carbon.
The flanges move around the outer part of the rounded gaskets, and the springs keep just the right amount of tension, so the gaskets don't compress.
I've seen butcher jobs, where they used washers to take up most of the slack, and the exhaust was just lose enough to allow a capillary action, and pull in air and lean out the sensors.
I hope this helps.
RK
PS Carolinas auto parts, usually has a special on the springs, bolts and nuts. I used to stock 12 at a time, but now none left..

o.com> wrote in message

Sure does man, thanks