SES Code P0157

Having a issue with this code. I know that it relates to the bank 2 down stream O2 sensor. Both down stream sensors were replaced this weekend, as the were both shot. I also replaced the fuel pump about three months ago. Replaced the plug wires last month and plugs this weekend. I had the codes pulled and cleared yesterday, this morning the same code comes back on. Since I have done all this already, what else could be a cause? I have not check for a damaged wire running to/from the sensor, but will be.

Reply to
azwiley1

Look at the exhaust:

Usually they leak at the pressed metal exhaust gaskets, and allow air to get in the exhaust stream.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
Refinish King

Low voltage.

Usually means it is seeing extra air from a gasket leak or even a leak around the sensor. Could also be a bad connection causing higher resistance in the circuit and that drops the voltage some.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Steve and RK. Since they are not that darn expensive nor hard to replace, I'll be replacing the manifold gaskets (this weekend) and tracing the wires best I can for damage.

Reply to
azwiley1

Make sure you buy the new bolt and spring kits:

Sometimes the springs get weak, and allow the air in at the gasket area.

You can e-mail me if you need anything else.

I'm just > > Having a issue with this code.

Thanks Steve and RK. Since they are not that darn expensive nor hard to replace, I'll be replacing the manifold gaskets (this weekend) and tracing the wires best I can for damage.

Reply to
Refinish King

Hey you never know, you might get lucky and get a doc that throws the right part!

New bolts, check. New spr> Make sure you buy the new bolt and spring kits:

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
James and Jenn

The three blots that go through the manifold, and hold the crossover flanges;

Have three springs, that allow the engine to move, on the semi-rounded exhaust gaskets, mad if pressed tin and carbon.

The flanges move around the outer part of the rounded gaskets, and the springs keep just the right amount of tension, so the gaskets don't compress.

I've seen butcher jobs, where they used washers to take up most of the slack, and the exhaust was just lose enough to allow a capillary action, and pull in air and lean out the sensors.

I hope this helps.

RK

New bolts, check. New spr> Make sure you buy the new bolt and spring kits:

Reply to
Refinish King

Filter was changed when the pump was changed, and is changed at least if not more often then service requires.

Reply to
azwiley1

Sure does man, thanks

Reply to