SES light

The service engine soon light came on once more on the 99 Silverado. The local tech checked it and said it had to do with emissions and that it would not damage or affect performance. I had him reset it. Question, how do I reset this? Would it reset if I disconnected the battery for a period of time? It seems to stay off for quite a while once off. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
Kirk Mitchell

Yes. The only way. It also resets all of the information that your computer has stored to make the truck run nice. That can take up to 40 miles to get "perfect". If the light REALLY bothers you - electric tape is dandy stuff.

You could also fix the problem, so if something dire happens - your SES can warn you.

-The Lonely Grease Monkey

1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor

"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey