sevrice engine soon light 1999 6l motor

I have a 1999 Silverado 2500 series pickup with the 6 liter engine. I have

19000000 miles on it. The service engine soon light came on today. Is there a way to run the codes with out taking it to the dealer. Or what would I check first. thank you Doug snipped-for-privacy@schallertel.net
Reply to
Doug

Your 5-year old truck has 19 MILLION miles on it?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

thanks doc, i was wondering if i was reading that 19 mikkion mikes too. i know i am old BUT didnt think my eyes were playing tricks on me. glad you was reading what i was.......

Reply to
Charles H.

I first thought it was 1.9 million, but the longer I looked the more zero's I counted!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"