Shift rod modification

Good evening and Happy Holidays, Just a quick question. I am working on a friends mid 80's small block 3/4 ton 4X4 Chevy pickup. I have replaced his rotted out headers with a set of Hedman Hustlers
that he came up with. The primaries are larger and differently configured and now the shift rod from the column shifter is hitting them on the top right where the pipes transition into the collectors.
I am just wondering if anyone makes a bracket or something that will enable the use of a cable in place of the stock setup, or is he stuck getting a universal floor shifter set such as the B&M Z- gate? Any and all suggestions are welcome. TIA