Shock Selection & replacement

Vehicle:
1993 chevrolet silverado stepside lowered 3" in the front and 4" in the rear picture here:
http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/1993chevroletsilverado.jpg
I plan on putting another leaf spring in the ass end of it to jack it up some more to give it a more aggressive stance and also have the ability to haul more in the bed. I've been told that it will raise the rear up somewheres between 1.5" and 2" overall
I am also in the need of replacement shocks as well for the rear. What are some good ones to look at and what are some to avoid? I want something heavy duty but don't need anything outragiously stupid expensive either.
Because the truck has been lowered 4" in the rear would that mean a custom/special shock or simply something off the shelf? ----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
I have a 1990 2wd with 2X4 drop. Have used stock Monroe gas on the back and front for 60,000 miles with no problem. But will be switching a airshock that I found that is 2" shorter then stock lenght. The fronts with 3" drop need a shorter shock then stock. There is 3 or 4 manufacters that make a set up for 3" drop. Try Summit or Edelbrock.Monroe did not have that option last yr. If you are interested I will see if I can find you a parts # for the rear air shocks that are 2" shorter then stock. Michael McNeil wrote: