Shocks for 2000 silverado z71 flareside

At 100K miles, original shocks I think (I'm not original owner). Looking for a recommendation. Rancho? Edelbrock? I want top of the line for this truck but do not want double tubes, frame mods, in cab adjustable. Just
bolt on and decent. This truck does play in the dirt a little from time to time but, like moist of us, is a street vehicle 99% of the time. If it matters - Tires are 285/75/16 AT Revos. No suspension mods that I am aware of from previous owner.
If there is a better forum that I should post this in I would be interested to hear about it. Thanks!

I would recommend Bilstein shocks, I've had great luck with them. They are OEM on many Chevy trucks.
Brian
diablo wrote:

WOW - That was fast! Yes, Bilstein was also on my short list.
Any particular Bilstein or Rancho models?

Not necessarily recommending this place as where to get them, but these are the shock models that I've bought in the past.
http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/html/show_shocks.asp?make ='CHEVROLET'&model='Silverado%201500'&year='2000'
Brian

I can tell you from experience...With Rancho's your truck will ride like a lumber wagon...they are expressly designed for off road. If you drive on the street 99% of the time, they aren't a good choice for your vehicle. With Bilstein's, your Chev will ride like a dream. Go with Bilstein.
Monroe Reflex. Lifetime warranty. It's what I use on my 2000 Sierra SLE 4X4.

My buddy who owns a repair shop talked me into the Reflex shocks for my '00 Silverado, because they had positive comments from other customers. I've been really disappointed in the way it handles... to the point that I'm actually glad it's time to replace them so I can try something different. They seem unusually harsh on bumpy roads... even highway expansion joints (compared to the stock Z71/Bilstiens that were on it). I wanted to try the Edelbrocks, but they weren't available for my truck at the time. Maybe this time. David

My original shocks sprung a leak on drivers side. Leaked through a weld. I replaced both fronts the same day with Reflex. Ride was the same as with stock shocks, if not better. If you want a ride like a car....go buy a car. I just bought new tires. The stock Firestone ATs were shot. I put on some BFGs 10 ply. Now it really rides like a truck!!

Don't attempt to air them up to 80psi, your stock wheels won't handle it.
I don't want it to ride like a car, but I want it to ride at least as well as a stock Z71... and it doesn't. I would not recommend the Reflex shock to anyone who expects decent handling from their truck. If you want a lumber wagon... go buy a lumber wagon, asshole. David

touchy touchy. lighten up there buddy. David Courtney wrote:

No wrote:

Bilstein HD's, you will luv them.