Sierra Antifreeze/Coolant

After reading other threads about coolant, I noticed Sierra has never been mentioned. Recently, I put in a new rad, hoses, and water pump... I thought I'd try the Sierra, as it's supposed to be less
caustic/corrosive, and otherwise less problematic. Has anyone else used it, and what do you think of it's ability to keep the rad from clogging?
('86 Silverado)

Never heard of it.
Doc

It's the 'edible' stuff.

Does it mix well with Tequila?
Doc
I'm sure Marsh could tell us?
Refinish King

LOL
Refinish King

Sierra is a propylene-glycol based "safe" antifreeze. It is supposed to be non toxic and as good as standard ethylene glycol stuff. BUT testing it requires different tools. Mixing it can be fun though. 50/50 gives you -25 below. I've used it in my bike and as tire ballast in the tractors. Works pretty good so far.

Since it's a safety issue, it should be made clear that propylene-glycol is *safer* and *less toxic* than it's counterpart. It will kill animals (or humans). It just takes more of it to do so. H

will just make you real sick). Since it is a food ingredient. It is the ingredient in Mountain Dew soda that gives it that distinctive flavor (and makes it one of the few sodas that slush up instead of freeze). It is also used as a dog food and cat food ingredient, namely as a softener for hard food (makes hard kibble soft like real meat) and as a flavor enhancer.