Sierra-odd happening

I own a 94 GMC Sierra 305 4X4 AT. I've had the truck for several years and have had no problems. I noticed a slight lope when I pilled in the driveway yesterday, I revved it up to see if it would clear it up. I did something that I've never done before, I put the pedal to the floor and held it there. The engine was going for maximum rpm and then it just backed off, them started building rpms and backed off again. It happened as long as I held the pedal down. It acted as it was almost timed, so many rpms and it drops back to so many rpms and then starts to build up again. I can't duplicate the situation on the road. Is there a sensor or some kind of control in the ECU that prevents dummies from over revving the engine while out of gear or do I have some other problem? Thanks..

Reply to
memrez

Shep

Sounds like a rev limiter.

Reply to
Dafey

Sounds like a rev limiter.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Sounds like a rev limiter.

Or a troll.

Next time pull the front of the car up to a tree and floor it in drive.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Did it sound or feel like valve float? My Silverado did it at 100 mph. just stopped climbing in rpm. Backed off, and quickly back to 100, and it felt like valve float. Almost felt like jack brakes.

Reply to
Bill