Sierra-odd happening

I own a 94 GMC Sierra 305 4X4 AT. I've had the truck for several years and have had no problems. I noticed a slight lope when I pilled in the driveway
yesterday, I revved it up to see if it would clear it up. I did something that I've never done before, I put the pedal to the floor and held it there. The engine was going for maximum rpm and then it just backed off, them started building rpms and backed off again. It happened as long as I held the pedal down. It acted as it was almost timed, so many rpms and it drops back to so many rpms and then starts to build up again. I can't duplicate the situation on the road. Is there a sensor or some kind of control in the ECU that prevents dummies from over revving the engine while out of gear or do I have some other problem? Thanks..
Yers pcm has a fuel cut at about 4k, just as you figured.

-
Sounds like a rev limiter.
-------------------------------------------------------------- When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
Don Farr Roswell NM 88203 D-farr AT cableone DOT net
http://forums.s-series.org / --------------------------------------------------------------
own a 94 GMC Sierra 305 4X4 AT. I've had the truck for several years and <BR>have had no problems. I noticed a slight lope when I pilled in the driveway <BR>yesterday, I revved it up to see if it would clear it up. I did something <BR>that I've never done before, I put the pedal to the floor and held it there. <BR>The engine was going for maximum rpm and then it just backed off, them <BR>started building rpms and backed off again. It happened as long as I held <BR>the pedal down. It acted as it was almost timed, so many rpms and it drops <BR>back to so many rpms and then starts to build up again.&nbsp; I can't duplicate <BR>the situation on the road. Is there a sensor or some kind of control in the <BR>ECU that prevents dummies from over revving the engine while out of gear or <BR>do I have some other problem?<BR>Thanks.. <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
own a 94 GMC Sierra 305 4X4 AT. I've had the truck for several years and <BR>have had no problems. I noticed a slight lope when I pilled in the driveway <BR>yesterday, I revved it up to see if it would clear it up. I did something <BR>that I've never done before, I put the pedal to the floor and held it there. <BR>The engine was going for maximum rpm and then it just backed off, them <BR>started building rpms and backed off again. It happened as long as I held <BR>the pedal down. It acted as it was almost timed, so many rpms and it drops <BR>back to so many rpms and then starts to build up again.&nbsp; I can't duplicate <BR>the situation on the road. Is there a sensor or some kind of control in the <BR>ECU that prevents dummies from over revving the engine while out of gear or <BR>do I have some other problem?<BR>Thanks.. <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Sounds like a rev limiter.
Or a troll.
Next time pull the front of the car up to a tree and floor it in drive.
Al
Did it sound or feel like valve float? My Silverado did it at 100 mph. just stopped climbing in rpm. Backed off, and quickly back to 100, and it felt like valve float. Almost felt like jack brakes.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM