silly specific CPI question - fuel spider

Good evening guys,

A dreaded CPI spider question for anyone with input...

I was wondering how crucial is may be for all the ?retainer ears¹ to be intact on the poppet valves in order to assure proper delivery of fuel? In other words, one of mine has cracked and torn off from age but it still seems to ?sit¹ in the top of the port (I assume it doesn¹t need to be an air tight connection or anything??). I know the best thing to do would be to yank the CPI unit and replace it in full but it seems like I may be able to get away with swapping the FPR and maybe the nut kit.

Thanks. Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

iner ears=C2=B9 to be

need to be an air

sells replacement retainer ears. not sure how they attach but you can give him a call. i got my spider and nut kit from him. very helpful. hope this helps

md

Reply to
vwtopdown

md - thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

Dont put it back together without those ears, the popet will fly out and squirt fuel everywere underneath that cover and your engine well, it wont run.

Reply to
abomb69

Good luck with your fix mike

Reply to