silly specific CPI question - fuel spider

--B_3257801345_10850771 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Good evening guys,
A dreaded CPI spider question for anyone with input...
I was wondering how crucial is may be for all the Śretainer earsą to be intact on the poppet valves in order to assure proper delivery of fuel? In other words, one of mine has cracked and torn off from age but it still seems to Śsitą in the top of the port (I assume it doesnąt need to be an air tight connection or anything??). I know the best thing to do would be to yank the CPI unit and replace it in full but it seems like I may be able to get away with swapping the FPR and maybe the nut kit.
Thanks. Andrew.
--B_3257801345_10850771 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>silly specific CPI question - fuel spider</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE="Verdana">Good evening guys,<BR> <BR> A dreaded CPI spider question for anyone with input...<BR> <BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I was wondering how crucial is may be for all the &#8216;retainer ears&#8217; to be intact on the poppet valves in order to assure proper delivery of fuel? &nbsp;In other words, one of mine has cracked and torn off from age but it still seems to &#8216;sit&#8217; in the top of the port (I assume it doesn&#8217;t need to be an air tight connection or anything??). &nbsp;I know the best thing to do would be to yank the CPI unit and replace it in full but it seems like I may be able to get away with swapping the FPR and maybe the nut kit.<BR> <BR> Thanks.<BR> Andrew.<BR> </FONT> </BODY> </HTML>
--B_3257801345_10850771--
Add pictures here
âś–

http://www.robstark.com/cpi.htm
sells replacement retainer ears. not sure how they attach but you can give him a call. i got my spider and nut kit from him. very helpful. hope this helps
md
Add pictures here
âś–
md - thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Andrew.

Add pictures here
âś–
Dont put it back together without those ears, the popet will fly out and squirt fuel everywere underneath that cover and your engine well, it wont run.

Add pictures here
âś–

Good luck with your fix mike
Add pictures here