Silverado 4 x 4 Transmission problem PLEASE HELP!!!

We replaced the transmission with one from a 2006 silverado. Wiring is all the same the only thing we had to change was the park, neutral position switch. The problem we have is the trans will not up shift and the speedometer is not registering. The ABS and Brake lights also came on and they weren't before the swap. ANY suggestions would be great as I am lost to this point.. thanks in advance.

Reply to
h2oguy5

I think you're missing some critical information here....like what year, make, model, and engine the original vehicle was.....

Reply to
Augustus

Sorry, 1999 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 4X4, 5.3 Liter, 4L60E Transmission.

Reply to
h2oguy5

sounds like the computer ain't getttin' the speed sensor info from the new trans.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Did you plug the vehicle speed sensor back up? Not sure but just A idea. Is the VSS the same? I think a 99 is looking for a 4K VSS signal but I don't know what the output is on a 06. Might want to swap in the VSS from your original tranny. My opinion is either a wrong VSS, bad VSS or maybe you stretched and broke the wires to the VSS.

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson

Keep in mind I am not fortunate enough to be looking at factory manuals. Pulling it off the top of my head. There could be other problems. Have it scanned, find out if there is a VSS signal. On a 700R4 both mechanical and optical VSS's were in the T-case. I THINK they were moved to the tranny body just in front of the T-case/tailshaft flange on the E models. If the VSS output is diffrent, IF, it won't change with a sensor change, you have to swap the reluctor ring or the buffer. I may be way off but its something to look at.

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson
57$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreading01.news.tds.net...

Thanks for all the reply's. We found a wire up near the bell housing that had came apart, must have hit it when putting the dipstick back in. Thanks again.

Reply to
h2oguy5