Silverado with Bose stereo ?

I've never personally seen the Bose stereo system in a Silverado. Where does the sub woofer enclosure mount? 2003 model, BTW.
Jay

There is no sub. The door speakers are beefed up to accomodate the higher power for the base.
Jay wrote:

Oh, there's a sub woofer in there alright. See:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemy27741411&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
My guess is that it goes in the center/floor console but it's hard to tell by the shape in this pic. I emailed the seller but got no response.
Jay

Interesting. I was just at the dealership and asked the sales guy and he said there isnt one. Im not saying he's right, but you would hope he knows what he's selling. ohhh, I just looked again, I was asking him about the 2004 he had sitting there offering $8k off the sticker for. It could have been different in 2003.
"The Sierra and Silverado also will offer a Bose audio system that features an amplifier and 5 1/4-inch Richbass woofer both mounted in the center console." (http://www.auto.com/2002show/silv6_20020206.htm ) I think that answers it.
Jay wrote:

Thanks for the info. I suspected the center console location. I also just read that the Bose audio system was available with the sub in center console models, and w/o the sub in models w/o the console. If that 2004 has a center console, I would check for a sub woofer. I'm pretty sure it's there. I would also be surprised to find a salesperson that knows what they're selling ;-)
Jay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemy27741411&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Well, he could get some pretty good deals on the '04 trucks... or so he says... He had a 1500 LT 4x4 5.3L crew cab... $32,000. Still kinda steep though. Also, I would hate to drive a full size truck every day. or, actually, I would hate to try to park the thing!
Jay wrote:

The sub woofer is in the center console, that is if you have the captin seats. My 03 Silverado SS has the Bose system with XM, and the sub woofer is in inside the center console.
Chris.

Chris wrote:

Same with my '04 SS.
I haven't SEEN the sub, but I know it's in there. It's up in the forward part of the console - under the dash.
-marc
My dealer didn't know there was a sub in the center console either, but I could tell just by feeling it that there was. It IS a Bose sub though which means that you're not going to get ground pounding bass out of it. It will give you just enough low end to know it's there. If you have the money (and desire), look at a JL Audio stealth box made for this truck. I priced them and they're around $550. Overall though, I think it sounds grreat for a stock truck system.