slip in converter - '03

Took delivery of a 2003 2500HD last week. Crew cab short bed LS Vortec 6000 v-8 SFI 4 speed automatic HD trans Rear gears are 4:10 Plow & tow package
My question; the slip in the converter seems to be more then I'm used to. I have to bring the motor up a bit higher to start moving. Is this proper?
Also; the mirrors are electric, with turn signals built in, heated. Also have a 'turn in' feature. I wanted to get the 'camper' type, (extend electrically) but the dealer told me they are not available with the 'heated' option. On the GM site I found them (supposedly) available as an option last week, but when I go there now, the option is gone!! Thoughts? (I did copy/paste it at home the other night so at least I have the option ID written down)
I'll be asking these questions to the dealer when I go in for vehicle inspection, but wanted to see what the general concensus was out here first.
Thanks:
~Chris
Well 4.10's and an automatic make for some pretty low gearing with stock sized tires. More torque= better towing/hauling which sounds like what you want for a for a 3/4ton with a plow and tow package.
[...]
Thanks for the response Luke. Didn't hear from anyone ~ I was starting to wonder if I sent out the question!
The truck pulls a 5300lb camper with NO problem, so yes, the full setup works well. Just odd sitting at a light (without anything in tow) and having to bring the revs. up a bit more then what I'm used to before the truck actually moves. Guess that's the nature of the beast!!
Anyone have any thoughts on camper mirrors? (see below)
~Chris
Luke wrote:

The converter clutch is pulsed on (PWM), has a special clutch lining to allow it to slip as is gradually taken to a 1 to 1 lockup. If appears to severe have a service tech take it for a road test.

first.