Slip Yoke Lubrication(correct spelling thanx to Gary G.)

This might get allot of input, or everyone might agree on the same thing(yea right). I was informed that typical wheel bearing grease is a no no in the slip yoke of a driveshaft(not including the slip yokes going into
the t-case itself). I was told that you want to use the same type of grease that is used in CV joints(not the 2 u-joint type). Something related to the high sheer strength of the CV joint grease and the high torque and sliding of the slip yoke. Any illumination on this?

into
grease
the
I've used both Valvoline Durablend <aka wheel bearing grease> semi-synthetic grease and Mobil 1 full synthetic grease on slip yokes. Durablend is good for around 4-6 months, Mobil 1 for 8-12 months.
Doc

into
grease
the
Use a high pressure grease with the highest moly content you can find. The really good stuff will leave a black stain on your fingers that is very difficult to wash off. It's pricey but won't wash off and will last MUCH longer than WB grease.
Dave
The correct formulation should contain Teflon, as recommended by GM.
Cheers

STOVEBOLT mentioned using anti seize on the splines! What's everyone's opinion on that?

into
grease
the
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:06:07 -0600, "Matt Levene \(aka Shades\)"

anti-seize isn't intended as a lubricant for moving parts. use a high moly EP (Extreme Pressure) grease.
-Bret

High moly EP grease is what is used in CV joints, right?

a no

going
sliding

yeah, I think so... (I've never actually overhauled a cv shaft, I've always found it more cost effective to buy a new one from napa)
-Bret

I like to use LockTite Red on my splines.
It helps, just like bearing lock tite and muffler grease.
Who here is dorky enough like me, and loves to open up a ford explorer's rear hatch and show the owner "where to put their blinker fluid"
~KJ~
No bull! I worked for a local tire outfit and a guy had gotten a new set of tires shortly before I started working there. He came back in because of an annoying vibration. After rebalancing a few different ways, turning the tires around on the rims, etc, he still complained about the same vibration. None of us that worked there could feel ANYTHING! I finally convinced him that it was the warm weather air that had to be flushed out and refilled with the current cold weather air. He came back after a short drive and said that the vibration was gone... ~~sic~~

I have a 99 z71 and I have tried it all, all of the brands you guys have mentioned in this post, I only seem to get a couple of months out of it and the annoying noise comes back
Other than going to GM and getting a nickel plated slip yoke as recommended in the TSB by GM, its still a cheap fix, takes 5 minutes,
GM Canada wants 650.00 Canadian for a nickel plated yoke just to get rid of a noise, highway robbery!

into
grease
the