Slip yolk lubricant...

This might get allot of input, or everyone might agree on the same thing(yea right). I was informed that typical wheel bearing grease is a no no in the slip yolk of a driveshaft(not including the slip yolks going into
the t-case itself). I was told that you want to use the same type of grease that is used in CV joints(not the 2 u-joint type). Something related to the high sheer strength of the CV joint grease and the high torque and sliding of the slip yolk. Any illumination on this?
"Matt Levene (aka Shades)" wrote

into
grease
the
What's a yolk?
Ian

no
sliding
Yoke?
rhys
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:32:59 GMT, "shiden_kai"

Probably from the same dialect that produces yute from youth.<g> MR
"MR" wrote

Probably.....sorry Matt....I couldn't resist "polking" a little bit of fun at ya. (grin)
Ian
SLIP SHAFT??? The end of the driveshaft that slips into the transmission or transfer case is called a yolk. not all driveshafts slip into the trans or t-case, some have the SLIP SHAFT incorporated into the driveshaft itself and the ends of the driveshaft are either flanged or u-joint retention!

into
grease
the
.........sigh..............
a 'yolk' is part of an egg
a 'yoke' is what you find at the end of a driveshaft (among other places)

no
sliding
WELL I HAVE EGG ON MY MISS-SPELLING FACE!!! LMAO!!!

Lift the truck so that more of the slip splines are exposed and wipe some anti-sieze compound on the splines. This will be there forever and will eliminate the bump sometimes associated with the sudden wrapup or extension of the slip joint. STOVEBOLT On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:12:17 -0600, "Matt Levene \(aka Shades\)"

You get the nickle plated slip yoke, ala GM Ian, garnish with Mobil One grease, and serve it to your output shaft.
Have a great one!
Bush
Discourage inbreeding, ban Country music.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:12:17 -0600, "Matt Levene \(aka Shades\)"