Slyvania cool Blues[?]

I paid $16.99 ea for some of these headlights today and Advanced Auto. The lenses on my 98 S-10 4x, had fogged and I could not see. But these new headlights sure don't look blue to me. They seem to be
yellow, just like any other headlamp. I came within inches of hitting a couple of deer in this snow storm here tonight coming home too. Good thing I was only doing 35-40mph. I could not see them until I was right on them, and I swerved just missing the one on the right and went right in between one following him. Damn! Very lucky this time! But what about these lights???
I bet they would work better if you slowed the fuck down.
GMC Gremlin

had them on my old corsica a few years back and they sure weren't blue. they were a little bit brighter though; but almost like a brighter yellow i guess. 30 bucks down the tube..........sorry about your loss bud; I feel your pain!!

Pitch them and get the Sylvania Silverstar lamps. REALLY f**king bright man! I don't even need to use my high beams and/or driving lights on backass country roads like I used to. Well worth the money.
Doc

SilverStars are the best out there now...they are a much crisper, more intense light, and YES, they are more expensive, but they are worth it. I have them in my Sonoma
problem is, when you take the clips off the back of those Light assemblies, they never aim right after that LOL
but they work, so its all good to me

They are pricey, but IMHO, WELL worth the moolah. I'll never buy another type of headlight again, unless Sylvania comes out with something better.
Doc

I hope they dont, I like these just fine, thank you very much lol

You can't get the sealed beam, the whole light? What good is a headlight that won't aim correctly?
98 Sonomas do not have sealed beams....its halogen lights inside a lens housing for driving lights, Hi beams, turn signals, and fog lights, if so equipped.

I had a hell of a time finding these, are they something thats being phased out I wonder? $22/lamp. Seems to me I've heard that they burn out rather quickly, and several stores I called only had one headlight so it seems that might suggest that. Any additional comment? Also, I found Wagner supposedly has what is supposed to be a comparable lamp, but its $14.95 at NAPA. I'm going to try the Syl first.

No they are not phasing them out at all; they just came out not too long ago and are Sylvania's flagship headlamp. The reason no one has em' is likely because everyone is buying them.
Doc

Kirby "Does it Hurt?" Black wrote:

I heard They Were ILLEGAL in Michigan!! Original Equipment ONLY for HEADLIGHTS
I know Grand Blanc TWP POLICE are ticketing For there use, unless THe Vehicle Has The OPTION for those Headlights From the Manufacture

So what are they doing carrying a LUX meter?
Brian
Selfish,selfish,selfish...I'd personally like to have one night of amnesty to pop a .38spl round through every pair of blue headlights that I can't help but see (and nothing else for about the next thirty seconds). Why don't democrats use their turn signals? The think the gov't ought to do it for them.

Bonehead, the cool blues do not look blue at all, just very white and clear.
Doc

Mine sure didn't. Thats why I took them back and got the silver stars you mentioned. Even these are somewhat of a disappointment, but they are definately better than regular halogens or cool blues. Halogens back in the 80's were decent, what happened to them? My cool blues were still yellow. I think what i'm seeing and what NokNok is probably bitching about, are the $500+ mods, which are probably illegal, that you see out on the road these days, racing up on your ass from behind with the cowardly black windows and all, and they are blinding. Poor little rich kids never got their ass kicked I'd guess.

My apologies; I thought you were referring to the Silverstars and not the Cool Blues, which do indeed look blue. Seems that I'm the bonehead here.
Doc