Small block cylinder head questions

I had a friend give me a set of heads 14022601...80-86...267/305......1.84"/1.5" valves, 58cc chambers My question is: Will these work on a 350 ci motor?
Thanks
physically yes they fit. performance wise. Not very good. The ports and valves are small. IF you are only wanting a tow truck motor that won't rev past 4500 rpm you can build a real stump puller with those heads. But you'd be better off selling them anfd buying a new set of VORTEC heads from Chevrolet.for about $500/pair

So I reckon you would give the same diagnosis for a set of 14014416 heads? Seems someone bolted a set onto my 10243878 block at some point or other.

Go to the link posted below for some excellent info on SBC heads. Make the decision yourself.
http://www.chevytalk.com/tech/engine/SBC_Heads.html
thanks for that link
"Mesinpah" <The Pretender> wrote in message

Ok everyone. Thanks for the info. I will put them on a 350 CI Reason is the 1/2 ton I plan to install them on has 271 (273?) gears in the rear. With a 3 speed automatic tranny 2nd revs out to approx 90 mph. Never sees 4500 rpm and not needed. I hope I get a real stump puller as "Im Right" suggested

Use these heads and either a stock 350 cam or a good RV cam from Crane, then pull some stumps.
Brian
Flat pistons in a 350, with 76cc heads will give you about 9:1 compression ratio, and about 8:1 with dished pistons. 64 cc heads will up that at least a full point, so I would expect you will have very high compression ratio with 58cc heads. This is about the size of the old 283 heads, I think. Do I hear detonation? I don't know where you will find gas to run in it. I used 69cc heads from a 307 on my dished 350. That and a High Energy 252 cam added about 10% to my 78 Jimmy's gas milage. Dan

Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.