Small But Very Annoying Windsheild Washer Problem

I'm delurking for a bit to see if anyone knows the *%&&^* secret procedure for replacing the windsheild washer spray fitting on an '89 S-10 Blazer. We've owned half a dozen of the things, driven most of them well over

200,000 miles, and never had to replace that little plastic fitting with the actual spray orifice(s) for the windsheild washer. It may just be a snap-in sort of thing and this one has weathered and gotten too brittle, but before I destroy it I want to know that immediately afterward I'm not going to find out about a tiny little release tab hidden somewhere, or some arcane chant that's required to get the damn thing loose. Any info would be appreciated.
Reply to
Cricket

Mike Levy

Okay, thought maybe the cowling would have to come off. As soon as it quits raining I'll have to try that - no windsheild washer in ice season is a Bad Thing. Thanks.

Oh, and I don't think the hose being short will be a problem - someone apparently replaced it, and before I found out it was off the nozzle, I sprayed great quantities of washer fluid on my distributor (no, I don't know why it was over there...) with predictable results.

Reply to
Cricket

I'd just get the new one and look at it. you'll see how it mounts then.

appreciated.

Reply to
jimauto

It's getting *at* the mounting I was worried about - I have an impressive talent for removing forty-seven screws when two would do - and that comes before I can see the thing.

Also it's cold and pouring rain, so sitting here asking advice sounds like I'm doing something useful, and it's a hell of a lot drier.

Reply to
Cricket