Smart VOV questions

Has anyone seen this unit in action? Anyone have one or have experience with one?
It sounds like a good idea, but are there any side effects? I don't know
much about a/c, so I thought it best to ask before I buy one and trash a part down the road because I give up a built-in safety feature of some sort.
Thanks, Snowman