Smoke and Smell

My '89 S-10 Blazer coughs a small cloud of bluish smoke on startup and it has a definite exhaust/gas smell for a few minutes. I've checked the oil and it doesn't seem to be burning that much at all. What could it be?

Reply to
John Manner

yep

Reply to
GaWd

before you plunge into installing valve guide seals, make sure the drain-back holes at the rear lower corners of the heads are not blocked

4.3's are especially bad for this !

if blocked, oil will pool in the rear of the valve cover and no valve seal is good enough when it is submerged in oil

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

thanks guys, I'll try to drive into it this weekend. Is this an easy, medium, or hard job?

Reply to
John Manner

Preety straight forward on that year, if you know what you are doing.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro