SMOKING 93 GMC 2500 4 x 4 truck

I'm having trouble with my truck since it is smoking a lot. Its a white smoke. The computer analysis shows that the sensors are working fine. I have already installed a new carburator kit, map sensor, oxygen sensor, distributor, distributor cap, spark plugs and wires, checked the gas pump pressure and its fine, I dont know what else can it be. The mechanic says the motor is working fine and it doesnt need any fixing at all. He says its an electrical problem but has not located it yet. Please help.

thanks

Reply to
Walster

Have you done a compression test on it yet??? Or a pressure test on your cooling system??? smoke from the exhaust tells me it is an internal problem and someting is making its way into the combustion chamber.

Reply to
locknuts

White some frequently means burning coolant. Head gasket, intake, etc.

There's a kit you can get to detect burnt gases in the coolant (head gasket failure).

But - also do a simple compression test, or better yet a leakdown test. Look for bubbles in the rad while doing it.

Reply to
John Craker